Saturday, May 21, 2011

ACK Cooking Series : Chocolate Chip Muffins

Since I had some extra ingredients lying around and I was tired of eating turkey and cheese sandwiches for breakfast, had to give this recipe a shot.
I love chocolate chip muffins from Dunkin Donuts but since there are no Dunkin Donuts on Nantucket island, I wanted to make some. So I found a recipe on allrecipes.com, made sure to read the reviews on it, and adapted to my own.

Chocolate Chip Muffins

You'll Need:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

How to Make It:  
>Heat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups or line with baking cups.
>In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, chocolate chips, and salt; mix well. 
>In another small bowl, combine milk, oil, vanilla, and egg; blend well. 
>Add dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be lumpy.)
>Fill cups 2/3 full into muffin pan. 
>Sprinkle tops of muffins before baking with a combination of an extra 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
>Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 1 minute before removing from pan. Serve warm. 

Adapted from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chocolate-Chip-Muffins/Detail.aspx

Also because I made so many for one person to eat (and trust me, these muffins are filling), I froze the extras. Then whenever I wanted to eat one, Id reheat them in the microwave for 30 sec to a minute and it was be good as if they were fresh from the oven.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com