Friday, May 13, 2011

ACK Cooking Series : Easy Chicken Bake

So I am currently on Nantucket (or code name ACK), a quaint 14-mile-length island off the coast of Massachusetts. It is an awesome and beautiful place... when it's not raining. Monday I left 70F and sunny New York City for 50F and windy. Boo. But I really do love the people here, the quaint shops, the beaches, and the scenery. So I hope the weather gets better! Cross fingers. But Im pretty ecstatic that I will be here for the entire summer :) That means Ill be doing a lot of cooking :D

So anyway, because it was ridiculously cold I wanted to try to cook something warm and comforting.

Stove Top Easy Chicken Bake

You'll Need:
1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1-1/2 lb.  boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
1/3 cup  BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, corn, green beans, peas), thawed, drained

How to Make It:  
HEAT oven to 400ºF.
PREPARE stuffing as directed on package.
MIX remaining ingredients in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with stuffing.
BAKE 30 min. or until chicken is done. 


Adapted from Kraft Foods Stove Top Stuffing
 
It was a good recipe. It was sorta tad too creamy for me and hence a little bland. If I was to change one thing, I would maybe add more spice, garlic powder, pepper? I dont know. 

But overall, I love cooking :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com